There is no denying that Protein is one of the most important macronutrients any dieter should ever have.
No matter which diet plan you are on, you need to have adequate amounts of protein. That is because Protein is an essential nutrient that is considered to be the building blocks of muscle.
If you’re on the hCG diet, I understand that you need to limit your calorie intake. A lot of foods that contain protein are usually the ones that have a higher calorie content.
But, this isn’t an excuse to not eat foods that are rich in protein. In fact, there are healthy alternative sources of protein that you can eat while you’re on the hCG diet.
So today, I am going to talk about the 5 healthy alternative protein sources for hCG dieters.
1. Eggs. Now, hCG dieters are allowed to eat eggs, provided that they eat them in low quantities. Aim to consume at least 25 grams of protein per day. Now, eggs may contain a lot of calories but only if you factor in the egg yolks. For a healthy meal, ditch the yolk and only use the egg whites.
2. Tofu. Tofu is derived from Soy, and therefore, is a type of vegetable protein. Not only does Tofu contain only a little bit of calories but it does pack a lot of protein content as well. Furthermore, there are a lot of benefits if you eat Tofu. One, you will get all of the protein that you need without ever having to worry about calories. Two, it decreases the likelihood of cardiovascular diseases to develop since Tofu is made from a certain vegetable. Three, they are also rather inexpensive and readily accessible and they are easy to cook as well.
3. Greek Yogurt. I made this specific, if you want protein, you need to buy Greek Yogurt. Do not buy just the regular ones as they contain a lot of calories and not a lot of protein. Greek Yogurt is also flavorful and this is a favorite protein source for most dieters and even bodybuilders as well.
4. Quinoa. You’ve probably heard of this rice substitute being thrown around in different diet circles. Quinoa is probably one of the best alternative protein sources around mainly because it contains very few calories whilst also containing a lot of protein. In fact, a cup of Quinoa will always net you more than 8 grams of protein. Be sure to buy this wonder grain if you want to get a good dose of protein from a healthy source.
5. Whey Protein. Now, I know what you’re thinking. You think that Whey Protein is only for bodybuilders but no, that is just not true. In fact, some hCG dietitians recommend Whey Protein shakes to their patients. That is because Whey Protein shakes only contain a few calories. Heck, you can even consume them even while you’re on phase 2 of the hCG diet.
Even if you’re on the hCG diet, there is literally no excuse to get a good amount of protein in your everyday meals.
If you want great alternative protein sources that are low on the calories but high in protein, then be sure to get one or many of these alternative protein sources.